Information for Reviewer’s
In reviewing an article for International Dental & Medical Journal of Advanced Research we are interested in the overall opinion of the article and any comments you might wish to pass to the author to assist him/her in making the article publishable.
Guidelines for Conducting the Review
The editor would appreciate atleast one paragraph indicating why this paper makes a contribution to our knowledge. If it does not, your frank and candid opinion of why not would be most welcome.
Most important factors that must be considered by a reviewer are:
Communicating your report to the editor
- The article must match the area of expertise of the reviewer
- It’s important to give a fair time to review an article so time is another constraint.
- The manuscripts must not be shared with anyone by your own
- Different people have different perceptions. Read an article and make sure that your review is in accordance to the article as well as need of the journal
- You must hold your points with firm logical reasons
- Your comments must be reasonable.
Deadline for completion of peer-review
- The main parts of articles should be kept in mind while writing your report. It should not be very lengthy.
- Specifying and matching the article with standard of journal is must.
- The report has to be shared with the editor.
- While making recommendations (either you reject or accept or give it for revising) keep in mind the general observation too.
Timely review and timely publication always gives professional advantages and so it becomes important to meet the deadlines and send the report within the time period. The process of reviewing the article along with recommendations must be done within 14 days. Exceeding that will lead to delay in editor’s decision.